The Skagerrak projects
38 years of reliable connections
- The first two Skagerrak cables were laid in 1976 as the very first subsea cable project between countries.
- This pioneering project formed the basis for the establishment of Nexans' subsea cable factory in Halden.
- Cable number 3was installed in 1993.
- Both Denmark and Norway need an improvement in the export opportunities for renewable energy (especially hydropower), which is produced in Norway, and also want to stimulate increased wind power production in Denmark.
- There is an increased need to be able to exchange environmentally-friendly power between the countries in the joint Nordic power market.